Re: Well folks...

> On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, David H. Silber wrote:
>

> > Is there a possibility of finding a machine to take over as ``ftp.debian.org''
> > while the upgrade happens?  Too often it seems that a minor fix snowballs into
> > a major problem.  If we can set up such a replacement system, even temporarily,
> > it would allow the upgrade to be installed and tested in less of a rush and
> > any problems would be invisible to the external users.  (Obviously, it would
> > be ideal if we could keep the secondary system as a "hot backup"... but
> > here I'm dreaming.)
>
> Well there is a machine that is "a hot backup" problem is that I am going
> to be taking it with me when I go home over break....
>
> I am not going to take it offline unless one people want me to do it now.
> OR
> Christmas comes along. during chrismas when "NO ONE is here" I don't
> trust things anyway. I plan on building it over christmas unless people
> want me to do it now... I will change a few hard drives around on the
> next round and be adding some others.
>
> I just want opinions before I do anything.

Perhaps the thing to do would be to take advantage of the availability of
the "hot backup" system while it is available and do the upgrade now.

When is your break, anyway?

When should I try to get in to ftp.debian.org to upload
dbackup-0.1-alpha.2.{deb,tar.gz}?

--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (dbackup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.