[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Well folks...

> Folks I have two choices for you..
> 1 I bring the machine down now to fix the problem and unpgrade the OS to 
> current released version.
> OR
> 2 I wait for Christmas break take the machine down for "3 Weeks" and do 
> it up right. This also means the machine will have its ups and downs over 
> the next three weeks while we wait.

Is there a possibility of finding a machine to take over as ``ftp.debian.org''
while the upgrade happens?  Too often it seems that a minor fix snowballs into
a major problem.  If we can set up such a replacement system, even temporarily,
it would allow the upgrade to be installed and tested in less of a rush and
any problems would be invisible to the external users.  (Obviously, it would
be ideal if we could keep the secondary system as a "hot backup"... but
here I'm dreaming.)

> --
> Matthew S. Bailey
> 107 Emmons Hall
> Central Michigan University
> Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
> mbailey@cps.cmich.edu

  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (dbackup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.

			     Programmer for hire.

Reply to: