Well folks...

It looks like I am buring up more hard drives than I can buy around here :)

We are not losing the debian.org drive but we are losing drives that are
not even being used yet.

I am currentyl making tape backups of the system and therefore are
stopping uploads from happening. (and downloads for that matter.)

Anyway yesterday we had problems with our Fiber Optic Ring here on campus
which caused us to lose 75% of the packets going across the line. Today
that has been fixed by CISCO and we are back running except I am making
backups.

Folks I have two choices for you..

1 I bring the machine down now to fix the problem and unpgrade the OS to
current released version.

OR

2 I wait for Christmas break take the machine down for "3 Weeks" and do
it up right. This also means the machine will have its ups and downs over
the next three weeks while we wait.

--
Matthew S. Bailey
107 Emmons Hall

mbailey@cps.cmich.edu

... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.
The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the
existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god
coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism
is beyond the scope of this article.)