Re: Debian for Linux/{non-i386} / source packaging

mitchell@mdd.comm.mot.com said:
> The DELTA file is described by Bruce as containing patch input. I'm
> thinking it'd be better to have it contain a script to debianize the
> sources.  The patch input itself (and perhaps multiple patch inputs
> for the multiple upstream sources) could be contained internally in
> that file as one or more in "here files".  The user, then, wouldn't
> need to (mis?)apply the patches manually.

I intended to have the utility that extracted the source package invoke patch
automaticaly with the DELTA file as input. If you need an arbitrarily
complicated "patch" run, you can have the extraction script do that instead
of having the DELTA component be a script as well. If you want DELTA to be
a no-op, make it empty.

	Bruce

--
See Pixar's "Toy Story", at a theater near you starting November 22.
"Toy Story" Soundtrack - Available now at a record shop near you!