Re: [ewt@redhat.com: Red Hat Alpha Packages]

moth@magenta.com said:
> Ok... so what's RPM?  Anyone know?  Any lessons to learn here?  Or
> people to cooperate with?

It's the RedHat Package Manager. They would be interested in collaborating
with us, according to marc@redhat.com . We've been a bit too busy bringing
out the system to get to that, though.

RPM is under the GPL, and we can steal as much as we like from it. They have
a _source_ package system that may be superior to ours - it does a lot more
than
we do with just the .tar.gz and the .diff.gz files for our source packages.

If you have the time to research this, go forth!

	Bruce

--
-- Attention Radio Amateurs: For information on "Linux for Hams",
-- read the WWW page http://www.hams.com/LinuxForHams,