Re: an idea in search of comments

Last week I asked for comments about using MIME-compliant e-mail messages as a mechanism for users to downlaod Debian packages. Here's an example using the hello package as the target.

I used mailto(1) from the metamail package to create this message. No changes where needed to mailto or any of the metamail files to gain this functionality.

This first body-part could contain general package information, the user could then view other attachments/body-parts to get more informatin or retrieve the packages.

Transfer-mode: image
Transfer-mode: image
Transfer-mode: image

Please let me know what you think about this idea.

Thanks Chuck
--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---