Re: FTP arrangement

I would also like to have the capability to switch between multiple versions
of the same library. That would simplify a few multi-platform-GUI sorts
of tasks. Figuring out how to do that using ELF has got to be simpler
than figuring out how to make a shared ELF/a.out library.

It might be _possible_ for us to build combined a.out and ELF libraries,
but is it practical? I strongly doubt that.

I suggest that we simply move everything to ELF as soon as we can, and
continue to support the separate a.out libraries and development tools
in 0.93 for at least 6 months after the 1.0 ELF system comes out.
Once we make our ELF release we should declare a date beyond which a.out
programs will no longer be supported. Since ELF and a.out components can
co-reside on the same system, this should not make migration to ELF an
odious task for our users.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens