Re: Do we really care how many floppies are in the base?

> I have two base systems at the moment. One installs in 5 floppies,
> and contains
> all of the files in all of the packages contained in the base, and perl,
> and netstd, and ncurses-runtime.

If you take out netstd (and presumably netbase), does it drop to four?
I can imagine a lot systems without network needs (even SLIP or PPP).
Ncurses is a win, IMO.

> The 5-floppy one sounds like it will be a lot easier to support

Agree.

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

				"I'm not SURE that that makes sense, DM."
					  "Well, it is a CARTOON, sir..."
[Dangermouse]