Re: cpio

   From: Jim Freeman <jfree@sovereign.sovereign.org>
   Date: Mon, 4 Sep 1995 09:10:13 -0600 (MDT)

   > A few days ago, I posted that I would like someone to take over the
   > cpio package.  I've seen alot of discussion about this package, but
   > no one has volunteered to take it.  Is anyone interested?

   I'm a latecomer, but maintaining a package should help me learn
   the packaging system.  Is anything expected besides getting the
   current FSF source, compiling, running, and packaging it?

I'm not exactly sure, but debian-devel can help.  Apparently, there is
some problem with the mt program included with GNU cpio, and it should
be replaced with another version of that program.  (Does that sound
right, whoever reported this problem?)