Re: Building postgres requires bmake. Should it be a seperate package?

"Guy R. Thomas" <gthomas@native-ed.bc.ca> said:

> Any preferences out there?

I think it makes the most sense to package bmake separately,
and make postgres depend on it or recommend it.

However, I think that most existing packages preserve the
upstream packaging arrangement, even if it could be argued
that some programs might more sensibly be broken out as
independent packages (e.g., sharutils provides uuencode,
uudecode, and ansi2knr; cpio provides mt).