Uploads to Incoming
I've been pulling my hair this morning as I have been trying to move
everything from Incoming into the public area. Please, everyone, to
make my life easier, when you upload a package...
* Make an announcement to email@example.com with a brief
description of the package and its changes since the last revision,
and output of `ls -l' and `md5sum' for each file you are uploading.
* Upload to the machine ftp.debian.org and the directory
/debian/private/project/Incoming. (Parts of a package I found this
morning were uploaded to three different areas of ftp.debian.org--it
shouldn't be possible, Matt, for people to upload to the public area!)
* Upload a package with a proper name and version number.
(<name>-<original version>-<package revision>). For example,
emacs-19.29-1 or gcc-2.6.3-2.
* Upload a .deb package, a .diff.gz file, and a .tar.gz file. The
.diff.gz can be omitted if and only if the package was constructed
or written for the distribution! DO NOT UPLOAD A PACKAGE WITHOUT
A .diff.gz OR A .tar.gz FILE!!!
* Include a /usr/doc/copyright/<package> file! If this file in not
included, I will not move the package out of Incoming. Even packages
to be included in non-free must have this file, because the copyright
of the package must grant us permission to distribute it at all, even
* Check to make sure your uploaded succeeded, please! This saves me
from having to mail you when I discover it didn't.