Re: Suggestions for http://www.debian.org/ home page

  James>  Shouldn't it be using http if it is connecting to an httpd sever?
  James> Using "http://localhost/"; should work if httpd is enabled and
  James> running, right?

Sorry, I didn't make this clear enough in the prevoius post:
 - if you have no httpd running, you use  file://localhost/<path>
 - if you do have httpd running, you get a choice between file:// and http://
   protocols because now both are offered.
I prefer the file:// over http:// as I guess that it's 'cheaper' because
it works without the daemon.

Because the thread was on what to do with debian packages that require an URL
for a html page, it seems that the first method is our choice as it does not
require a httpd. The Welcome.html that comes with Ted'd cern-httpd package
could be a starting point for a local 'debian' html page for lynx.

BTW what the heck is satan?

Cheers,

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel