Re: investigation of SYSLINUX booting problems

   Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 12:52 BST
   From: iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Ian Jackson)

   May I ask an impertinent question ?  Why are we using SYSLINUX at
   all ?  Is there something wrong with LILO ?

It is easier to manipulate a SYSLINUX Boot Disk.  All one needs to do
is copy a kernel image to the diskette.  Also, SYSLINUX uses an msdos
diskette, so users can change the kernel image on the diskette before
they even install Linux.  With LILO, this is not possible.