Re: Yet more bugs in 0.91.

Ian McCloghrie writes ("Re: Yet more bugs in 0.91. "):
> What I do on my own system (and I find it works quite well) is to make
> an src user and group (with /usr/src as the home dir), chown
> everything in /usr/src to src.src, and make the umask 002, placing
> anyone I want to give source code write permissions to into the src
> group.  It's nice to be able to separate that from the wheel group
> (people who can su to root).  I also prefer to do source code testing
> as non-root (I usually use the src account to do this, rather than my
> own).  An alternate solution.

Indeed, and this is much closer to what I have on my system (OK, the
group is called "install" and there isn't a corresponding user, but
the principle is very similar).

I didn't want to suggest it in case it ruffled feathers, but it
appears that the idea of having a group per user isn't too badly
received.

Ian.