packages and other stuff.

    Ian> I said nothing about LOGIN and HOME; I only changed the
    Ian> setting of PATH in su.

Sorry, I had not realized you meant the path was the only thing
hacked. :(

Apologies extended.

On another topic:

I am putting together graphics and math packages, and posted to
c.o.l.m about what graphics packages people would like to see.  I have
come across a dilemma because some people want Khoros.  This set of
programs for image manipulation is apparently some 80+ megs, and I am
unsure about whether such a package should be included in the available
distribution.

I can see a few arguments:

A) No, it is far too large and specialized.  If people want it they can
get it themselves.  It is too much bandwidth and will be too hard for
people to install (80 disks).

B) Yes, we need somebody to compile it and make it available,  Some
people would like to use it, but they simply do not have the resources
to compile it.

C) Compile it and upload to sunsite as a "make install" sources package.

Opinions?