Re: Ranty is no more with us :-( please adopt his pkgs.

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 17:28, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 05:19:44PM +0200, Amaya wrote:
> > Data has also showed interest in taking over some of his packages, I
> > can't recall which one right now, as I am still a little "out of
> > service", (whas it apt-proxy?), and as friends of him, we'd like to
> > mantain his packages if it's fine with the rest of the DD.

> Yes, that's also apt-proxy. It was co-maint when I checked on
> packages.qa.debian.org. I don't know if chris changed mind
> on maintaining. Current sid package has ranty as maintainer indeed.

Current sid is still officially mine; ranty did the rewrite in
experimental, and the plan was for him to take over once version 2 was
ready for sid.  But he wrote to me in January saying he wouldn't have
any time for a while and it might be a good idea to look for someone
with more time.  In the meantime I implemented some more features and
made some uploads, and I had already swapped Uploaders & Maintainer (in
CVS but not yet uploaded) until ranty came back.

I have enough work with openoffice, so I'd be glad if Data (or anyone
else) was interested in helping out with apt-proxy.  It's very close to
going into sid now; it just needs a fix for the max_versions
implementation.

I was deeply shocked when I read about his death.  We talked a lot via
IRC and email, although I hadn't had the opportunity to meet him in
person.  I think it would be appropriate to dedicate version 2 to him.

Chris