Re: Reachability problems from Spain to gluck (www.debian.org)

El lun, 03-05-2004 a las 00:43, +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
escribió:
> [Note: CCing debian-devel-spanish as some other developers might probably
> be affected by this too]
>
> Hi there,

Hi

> For quite some time (around a month) I've been having problems reaching
> gluck.debian.org from my DSL line. This is starting to be an issue
> regarding making some changes in stuff I keep up with (for example,
> updating documents of the DDP like the Securing Debian Manual)
>
> I thought the issue would go away, but it hasn't. Unfortunately, it seems
> to affect a major telecommunications provider in Spain (Telefonica) which
> also servers as provider for many minor ISPs (like Terra-Lycos, YAcom)
> providers of DSL lines or modem connectivity.  This issue does not seem to
> be related to an issue on their side, however, but more to routing problems
> across the atlantic.
>
> Curiously, this reachability problem does not affect people outgoing from
> the Spanish universities, which seem to go through different AS/Network
> providers and reach gluck just fine.
>
> Attached is a traceroute from both Telefonica and from a Spanish
> university, as you can see, the Telefonica trace goes from Telefonica's
> Network (Spain) to Level 3 Communications (US) and then to France Telecom's
> Opentransit backbone (France). Packets black hole in France after going
> through the Atlantic and back.

I hope you are luckier than me, I had the same problem last year with
Level 3 Communications to reach other site at New York, their support
department told me that all things were right there but my traceroute
showed me Level 3 as the black hole and that's all, I think it's still
unreachable but I'm not sure because the dns does not resolve now
(perhaps it's the same problem...): www.nylxs.com

I could resend you the mails I exchanged with them if it's necessary.

> Also attached is a traceroute from Rediris (the Spanish universities
> network) which goes from there to Global Crossing, Sprint and then HP,
> reaching Gluck just fine.
>
> I would appreciate if you could contact the people at HP so they could
> solve that issue with the other network providers.
>
> Thanks

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín