Re: Your application

If you are e-mailing UKCOSA for advice, please note that we do not give advice by e-mail.

UKCOSA is an educational charity which offers a selected range of advisory services to international students. The following information may assist your enquiry:

1. We have a set of Guidance Notes on our website which answer the most frequently asked questions: www.ukcosa.org.uk/pages/guidenote.htm

2. If the Guidance Notes do not answer your questions please telephone one of our advisers on 44 (0) 20 7354 5210 (Monday - Friday 1300 - 1600 UK time).

3. We are not a funding agency and do not award study grants or scholarships to anyone. Information on searching for funding can be found on our website in the 'Student Pages', under 'Sources of Funding'-www.ukcosa.org.uk/pages/advice.htm and in the Guidance Note 'Sources of Funding for International Students'.

4. If you require information on the academic recognition of your qualifications in the UK, please contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC). The e-mail address is: naric@ecctis.co.uk.

5. If you require information about a UCAS application, please contact UCAS. The e-mail address is enq@ucas.ac.uk. They also have a website at www.ucas.ac.uk.

6. If you require information about different educational courses and institutions in the United Kingdom, please look at the 'Education' section on the British Council's website at www.britishcouncil.org.uk. The address of your nearest British Council offfice can be found by visiting the interactive web page www.britishcouncil.org/where/index.htm

7. If you already have a place on a course of study in the UK, and wish to contact your institution, please check the information they have sent you for contact details. Alternatively, you may find contact details for UK colleges and universities at your local British Council office or on the British Council web site (see 6., above).

8. If we can offer further information about your enquiry that is not available on the website or with the other organisations mentioned above, we will contact you within three weeks.

If your email is not seeking advice (eg if you are a UKCOSA member trying to contact us about another matter) your email will be passed for action to the relevant member of staff.

If you are a member of staff at a UKCOSA member institution and you are contacting us for advice, please use our members' telephone advice service, details of which will be found in your membership information.

Please note- for security reasons we will not open files attached to your e-mail.