Re: [Fwd: Who's using debian?]

Colin Walters wrote:
> Could someone translate this for me?

*Approximate* translation:

They are an "information and entertaining center for youths" who
have setup a computer lab for all the young people who wants to use it.

They offer not only connection to the web but also they have their own
mail server, web pages for all their users, and they have short
courses about Linux for those who want to start in this world.

They have have 8 computers running woody and two more machines for
administration purposes. These computers are dedicated to firewall,
proxy, nis, nfs, dhcp, mail server, web server, database server, dns
and print server.

When he was proposed to setup this lab he had clear ideas about it, he
has always been a debian user, which is one of the few distributions
faithfull to the linux spirit, as well as offering a great amount of
packages.

The other distributions he tried have always been an organizational
disaster. For people like him, he says, it's a very sad thing not to
find things in their right place, and he never liked graphical tools
to configure things, not to mention heavy upgrades which, using debian,
are nearly automatic, so his choice [for debian] was clear.

Please note that this is a quick translation. I'm sure I have made
some mistakes (for example, I don't know the exact english word
for "engorroso" :-). If you want a version to put in a public
place (I mean: more public that the archives of this list :-), then
please say so and we can polish the translation (if required) in the
debian-l10n-spanish list before you put it somewhere else.

Thanks.