games-team membership requests [was Re: xz backdoor]

Am Sonntag, dem 31.03.2024 um 12:13 +0200 schrieb Alexandre Detiste:
> BTW it's quite smart to attack Games team:
> as we're used to get legit one-off MR from people
> never to be seen again later.

Occasionally someone requests games team membership on salsa and I am the one
who can grant access or not. I usually only grant developer access when people
introduce themselves to the list first and maintainer access only when they are
already a DM or DD. Everyone else receives either "guest" status or will be
rejected. If you think this is too strict or too lenient, let me know and we
can review each case individually. Just wanted to mention that in light of the
xz compromise and because we had to reject a person for the Java team in the
past, who never did a contribution before and just requested access to various
repositories.

Regards,

Markus