Re: Updating Minetest to 5.5

Am Freitag, dem 25.02.2022 um 11:57 +0800 schrieb Paul Wise:
> Travis Wrightsman wrote:
>
> > What are the team's thoughts on how to move forward? Do people agree
> > that packaging the Minetest Irrlicht fork is reasonable?
>
> I am disappointed that game developers using irrlicht are not able to
> collaborate and fix the issues in irrlicht upstream that they are
> coming across that are leading to the forks.

[...]

I agree with everything Paul wrote. Building minetest against Debian's irrlicht
package would be preferable of course. You probably don't need a new source
package just for the irrlicht fork if minetest is the only "consumer" but
minetest/irrlicht should be added to the list of embedded code copies, so that
we can keep track of security vulnerabilities. We could always split the code
later if there is demand by another package but that's not very likely I guess.
Both solutions should work. Thanks for bringing this up by the way and for the
intention to work on it.

Regards,

Markus