Re: infinitetux_1.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Rocky,

Am Montag, dem 07.02.2022 um 01:41 +0000 schrieb Rocky Hill:
> Hello,
>

> I know I have to wait for someone to get to this but it has been two years
> now.
> Is there a way to get this back into some sort of queue to get looked at?

Infinitetux has been rejected by the ftp team two years ago. [1] I believe the
rejection was wrong because the game was accompanied by a license that granted
the source code to the public domain and debian/copyright clearly stated how
the source code was obtained. However I don't have the energy to persuade the
ftp team to revisit their decision.

If you want to try again then I suggest you ask the original upstream developer
for a clarification. Try to contact him by email and ask him to upload the
source code, e.g to github.com or gitlab.com, with a new license again that
clearly states that the game was granted to the public domain, and just in
case, for jurisdictions that don't recognize the public domain concept (e.g.
Germany), he should make it clear that the game also can be used under a
liberal license like MIT/Expat or BSD-3-clause.

Then I recommend to follow the procedure on mentors.debian.net, find a new
sponsor who reviews the game again and then hopefully everything will turn out
to be alright. [2]

Hope that helps

Cheers

Markus