Re: Sample Godot game packaging (upstream feedback)

Hi,

I went to Godot's new chatroom and asked for their thoughts.
https://chat.godotengine.org/channel/devel

Some points:

- Godot tries to maintain compatibility but there's no hard guarantee, and incompatibilities may reveal themselves late in a game run. So it would be good to track what Godot version each game was meant for (precisely, like 3.2.3).
Multiple Godot packages (godot3.2-runner, etc.) could be an option.

- Godot may come with engine extensions (which should be compilable as separate .so), GDNative (which are basically .so embedded in the .pck) and Mono scripts (.NET C# modules).

- Mono modules will need a Mono-enabled version of the godot3 package, and may have incompatibilities of their own if the game is built before/after Godot with a different Mono version (but to a lesser extent than having a different Godot version entirely).

- godot3-server is a bit of a mix between what they call "godot headless" (platform=server, for game servers) and an unattended build environment (with tools=yes); it was a bit confusing but should work.
(also the X11 version currently doesn't work with no $DISPLAY)

Cheers!
Sylvain