Re: Sponsor request for 'Open Surge'

Am Samstag, dem 26.12.2020 um 17:14 -0300 schrieb Carlos Donizete Froes:
Hi Bruno,

I made the corrections you asked for.

https://mentors.debian.net/package/opensurge

thanks for your work! I had a look at the package and found the following:
 * debian/copyright lacks information for src/core/zip/*.

Info-ZIP, Zlib license and unlicense added to d/copyright.

 * debian/copyright lacks information for
src/entities/legacy/nanocalc/{nanocalc.c, nanocalc.h, nanocalc_addons.c,
nanocalc_addons.h} since those four aren't licensed under the GPL-3

In the files 'src/entities/legacy/nanocalc/*' informed that there is GPLv3
license.

Oh I think you got me wrong here :) Since debian/copyright begins with a 'Files: *' section that documents GPL-3 for everything. As a result, only files not licensed under GPL-3 need to be documented after that section.

As src/entities/legacy/nanocalc/ contains four non-GPL3 files, that needs to be documented as:

Files: src/entities/legacy/nanocalc/nanocalc.c
       src/entities/legacy/nanocalc/nanocalc.h
       src/entities/legacy/nanocalc/nanocalc_addons.c
       src/entities/legacy/nanocalc/nanocalc_addons.h
Copyright: 2010-2012 Alexandre Martins <alemartf@gmail.com>
License: MIT/X11

 * debian/copyright lists the Roboto fonts license, while they are replaced by
symbolic links to the files included in the fonts-roboto-unhinted package. You
should instead add the embedded copy to the list of excluded files in
debian/copyright and drop the licensing entry so they don't end up in the
orig.tar.xz and repack the latter.

This change that you asked for I was in doubt and if you can guide me I will be
grateful.

I removed the license for the Roboto font from the copyright list.

I didn't understand the part about adding the embedded copy to the list of
excluded files in d/copyright and discarding the license entry so that it
doesn't end in orig.tar.xz and package the latter. If you can give me a model or
link, I would be very grateful.

There's a mechanism for uscan to automatically exclude files from Debian orig.tar.gz files that are unused or cannot be used because of licensing issues. When I looked at debian/rules it looks as if fonts/Roboto-*.ttf are not used, but replaced by symbolic links to files provided by the existing Debian package fonts-roboto-unhinted.

In debian/copyright add near the top, below 'Source: […]' a field

Files-Excluded: fonts/Roboto-Black.ttf
                fonts/Roboto-Bold.ttf
                fonts/Roboto-Medium.ttf

This field is processed by uscan and makes it exclude the listed files from Debian's orig.tar.gz. That's why you need to have uscan regenrate the orig.tar.gz. Don't forget to check other places, e.g., debian/rules, that may be affected by that change.

Cheers,
Bruno