Re: Fix for mailing-list-obsolete-in-debian-infrastructure

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 9:24 PM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

I agree using this list would not be a good idea and I would suggest
using a team email address on tracker.debian.org instead of a new
mailing list.

Since we already have a team on Tracker [1] this means all we would have to do is change the Maintainer address listed there from pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org to team+pkg-games@tracker.debian.org. To prevent breakage during the transition, we could institute a policy that all new Games Team uploads add team+pkg-games@tracker.debian.org to the d/control Uploaders field. Once all packages have that update, we could switch the Maintainer address in Tracker and then gradually replace the old address with the new one in the d/control Maintainer field as we make updates.

This obviously isn't an urgent need but if we start slowly now then this should be a fairly easy transition.

Anyone have ideas on a better approach?

-Olek

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/teams/pkg-games/