Re: Help needed with a script generating a .deb

Hello all.

Thanks to your input, I think I am getting closer.
For debian, I created a repository at https://github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages/tree/master/Debian

In it, you will find a debian/ subdirectory. In which I put the files that seem to be required for
debuild, if I am not mistaken?

You will also find a script called "mkpackage.sh". It takes care of downloading the source file
from my website, and creating the .dsc file.

Running it ends with  the following feedback:

dpkg-buildpackage: info: full upload (original source is included)
Now running lintian...
W: dmagnetic: missing-depends-line
W: dmagnetic: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
W: dmagnetic: spelling-error-in-description allows to allows one to
W: dmagnetic: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/dmagnetic/LICENSE.txt
W: dmagnetic: manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/man5/dMagneticini.5.gz 44: warning: macro `RS' not defined
W: dmagnetic: menu-item-creates-new-section Games usr/share/menu/dmagnetic:2
Finished running lintian.
Now signing changes and any dsc files...
 signfile dsc dmagnetic_0.16-1.dsc Thomas Dettbarn <dettus@dettus.net>
gpg: skipped "Thomas Dettbarn <dettus@dettus.net>": No secret key
gpg: /tmp/debsign.9vHNgUB3/dmagnetic_0.16-1.dsc: clear-sign failed: No secret key
debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
debuild: fatal error at line 1045:
running debsign failed
patching file Makefile

Any help with the warnings is appreciated...

Thomas