Re: Help needed with a script generating a .deb

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:25:40AM +0200, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
> Hello!
>
> So, I have this awesome project, that I am trying to get into the
> package repository of Debian. I already filed an RFP, which can be
> found at the WNPP bug tracker, where it is gathering dust.

> So, I tried my hand at creating a package myself. Since I am a very
> lazy person, I try to script my work whenever possible. So why should
> there be an exception for the Debian package generation, right? 😉
[…]

Right, but Debian requirements for those scripts and the environment
where they run are much tighter than yours.

I'd suggest you should start reading https://wiki.debian.org/Packaging
and it's linked pages and perhaps see some examples of current existing
packages in https://salsa.debian.org.

HTH,
--
  Ricardo Mones