Re: Updating ogre to 1.12.3

Hi everyone,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 09:15 Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:

<snip>

> There is one git repository called "ogre" in attic which contains
> ogre-1.7, do you mean this? I assumed I should create a new repo called
> debian-games/ogre-1.12 and just copy the debian files from 1.9 and add
> changes towards supporting 1.12 as commits on top of that?

I'm not sure if we want to continue using different ogre repositories.
In my opinion using one repository, maybe with different branches, would
preserve the history. We can also create an ogre-1.12 one if that helps.

As a downstream user of OGRE, I much prefer using the existing repository. Tagging an upstream release and putting updated sources in the same repository is the best way of keeping everything together. That also makes it easier when packages that depend on OGRE have issues and their maintainers need to dig into OGRE code to try to find regressions and such.

Simon, please feel free to send me a direct email (no need to copy the list) if you have any questions or need any help merging into that repository. I'll be happy to help!

-Olek