Re: Once again: Trigger rally for next release

Am Montag, den 04.02.2019, 21:34 +0100 schrieb Onsemeliot:
> On Tue, 2019-01-29 at 18:15 +0100, Bruno Kleinert wrote:
> > On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the game's data being shipped
> > uncompressed.
>
> I was able to do the compression and just made a new release.
> Hopefully
> without any serious errors:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/trigger-rally/
>
> I will try to understand how to create a .deb file but it might take
> more time than I have if 0.6.6 should be in the next Debain release.
>
> Therefore, I would be very thankful if you could help me out.
>
> Best,
> Onsemeliot

Hi Onsemeliot,

great to see 0.6.6 out! :)

Hopefully I'll have some time to update the Debian package this week to
upload it before the freeze. Still, it could make sense for you to
understand how packaging for Debian is done.

On the other hand, I think it makes more sense if you study how to
reorganize the Trigger Rally repository to a typical trunk, branch, and
tags directory structure. Documentation could be improved, e.g., steps
to perform a release. Oh, and I noticed at least one ticket in the bug
tracker [1] that is open but should be in state accepted (I only looked
at this one, maybe there are more in wrong state).

Cheers - Bruno

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/patches/21/