Re: Packaging Galois?

Hello!

Am 08.02.2018 um 10:33 schrieb Gerardo Ballabio:
> Hello all,
>
> I just learned through Planet Debian that ghextris is being targeted for
> removal from Debian.
>
> As a replacement, may I suggest to package my program Galois
> (http://www.nongnu.org/galois/) which also features hexagonal game mode
> as well as square, triangular and cubic, blocks of different sizes and
> other features that to my knowledge are unique among Tetris derivatives.
>
> I already build and provide .deb packages but I'm not really
> knowledgeable about that, I read some documentation and managed to work
> out a procedure that produces a working package, but I'm quite sure that
> it isn't best packaging practice nor compliant with Debian Policy. If
> anyone would offer to mentor me, I am willing to work to build a package
> that meets the requirements for inclusion.

Thank you for your interest in packaging free games for Debian! I could
mentor you and help you getting Galois into Debian. I suggest that you read

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

and sign up for an account simply to get familiar with Debian's typical
work flow. If that's a burden for you then you can also push your
packaging work to some Git/SVN whatever repository and I take a look at
it. I also recommend the Lintian [1] tool which checks for common
packaging mistakes.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/lintian