Packaging Galois?

Hello all,

I just learned through Planet Debian that ghextris is being targeted for removal from Debian.

As a replacement, may I suggest to package my program Galois (http://www.nongnu.org/galois/) which also features hexagonal game mode as well as square, triangular and cubic, blocks of different sizes and other features that to my knowledge are unique among Tetris derivatives.

I already build and provide .deb packages but I'm not really knowledgeable about that, I read some documentation and managed to work out a procedure that produces a working package, but I'm quite sure that it isn't best packaging practice nor compliant with Debian Policy. If anyone would offer to mentor me, I am willing to work to build a package that meets the requirements for inclusion.

Thanks
Gerardo