Re: packaging game servers for Debian?

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 at 10:57:02 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> This reminds me that Debian often focuses on the client side of gaming,
> even for games that use some sort of remote service for some parts of
> the game experience. ... Does anyone have any examples?

I never got round to packaging dpmaster, a master server (rendezvous
point for advertising individual game servers) for the Quake family of
games. Feel free to pick up
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=636070 if anyone would
like to see that in Debian.

(The Quake family of games are a lot less centralized than something
like an MMO: it is already the case that anyone can run a quake-server,
quake3-server, openarena-server etc. that hosts around 10-20 players,
the master server just makes it easier for players to find those servers.)

    smcv