Re: Tower of Brahma

On Sunday 12 November 2017 06:29 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi,

please reply to list.

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:58:13 +0530
Nandakumar Edamana <nandakumar@nandakumar.co.in> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll check the issue with game.c.

you are welcome.

On Sunday 12 November 2017 05:11 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
If you are going to package this, please also package this -
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=765336 .
Could you please elaborate?
Sure. I made that package request and it wasn't handled for several years and I
feel that packaging a Tower of Hanoi program would imply that my package
should be handled as well.
I just downloaded your tarball, compiled it and tried to run "./black-hole-solve --game black_hole 2.bh.board", but I just got "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". However, I understand that you've spent so much time in that. Really appreciate the work.

Since I've failed to compile it, I would ask this directly rather than testing it myself: is it a play-able game?

And about Tower of Hanoi. Yes, I first thought it is really silly to put it into Debian repo. But since there is a games-console package, and I couldn't find a Tower of Hanoi piece there, I just thought it is reasonable to include it. I still have no idea whether I am being silly.

Of course I have serious packages which I'd like to put into the Debian repo. But I have zero experience with the official process, and I just thought this simple one would be a better choice as my first experimet.

Nandakumar