would somebody be interested in updating liballegro from 5.0 to 5.2 ?

Hi all,

I had previously asked if somebody would package 5.1.6 but as Tobias
had pointed out, it was an unstable branch.

See #704141 for the discussion.

Now 5.2 has been released by upstream, see
http://liballeg.org/download.html as well as the detailed changelog .

http://liballeg.org/changes-5.2.html

I do see that there are changes from both stable as well as unstable
branch added in the repo as well as that the library is
source-compatible but not binary compatible which probably means it
will need to conflict with liballegro5.0 binary package.

I ran both apt-cache rdepends liballegro5.0 as well apt-rdepends
liballegro5.0 but didn't see any games or anything which depends which
will hurt if the new library is added before debian freeze.

I also did a mock purge to see if there were any libraries which were
affected and the only one which seems to be affected is libdumb1-dev .
I am guessing the only reason why this version is not being shipped is
due to the dumb library allegro 4 support issue, see #799008 as well
as the relevant issue in libdumb's new upstream
https://github.com/kode54/dumb/issues/21

Is this a correct assessment of the situation. Is there a possibility
of having liballegro5.2 and the relevant libdumb version have it in
experimental so people who want to try some games with the new version
 can try it ?  See
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6477 for discussion
of a game which uses the newer version of a library.

If somebody would be interested in packaging it, I have no problems
putting up the relevant request bug-reports.

Look forward to answers.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com