Freciv in Stretch

I'm writing as one of the upstream maintainers of freeciv.

Debian is about to freeze for Stretch in a less than a year.
For freeciv this means that Stretch will still have freeciv-2.5 as
freeciv-2.6 will not be ready in time. So here I list couple of
points you may want to consider improving in the way freeciv-2.5
is packaged.

- All the clients except sdl-client can be built to use sdl2-mixer
  instead of sdl1.2-mixer. Please consider building only sdl-client
  using sdl1.2, and other clients with --enable-sdl-mixer=sdl2.
  That would drop the sdl1.2 dependencies from those clients, so
  they would not drag that old sdl version in.
- As you are packaging gtk2-client but not gtk3-client, consistent
  thing would be to use gtk2 version of the modpack installer also.
  Currently you have --enable-fcmp=gtk3.
- Having parallel gtk2-client (our default still in 2.5) and gtk3-client
  packages would be benefit us, as that would make our gtk3-client
  testing userbase a bit larger.
- 'control' seems to have some x11 related dependencies that are no
  longer relevant as you're not packaging xaw-client. Also libpng
  is not used directly by clients other than xaw-client.
- libesd0-dev has probably been needed by sound plugin we've not
  been shipping in over a decade. SDL Mixer dependencies should be
  enough.

 - ML