Re: would somebody be interested in updating liballegro from 5.0 to 5.2 ?

On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 16:58 +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> On 20/04/2016, James Cowgill <jcowgill@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 16:03 +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> > > I do see that there are changes from both stable as well as
> > > unstable
> > > branch added in the repo as well as that the library is
> > > source-compatible but not binary compatible which probably means
> > > it
> > > will need to conflict with liballegro5.0 binary package.
> > If it's only binary incompatible, then a standard library
> > transition
> > should work here. There shouldn't be any need for conflicting
> > packages.
> oh cool, so should I put a bug-report for the same ?

Like Gianfranco said, just put anything relevant to this in #704141.

> > I don't see why allegro 5.2 can't be uploaded at some point. What
> > do
> > you need libdumb for? The thread doesn't mention anything about it.
> For some reason when I try to purge allegro5.0 libdumb1-dev also get
> purged so thought it was part of the liballegro5.0 package, see if I
> am doing something wrong.
[...]
> As can be seen if I purge liballegro5.0 and the relevant packages
> then
> libdumb1-dev also gets purged.

I see - liballegro-acodec5.0 depends on libdumb1 so it gets removed
when you uninstall allegro5. This shouldn't be an issue though, as long
as allegro 5.2 works with the version libdumb in unstable.

James