Re: Sponsor for Osmose Emulator

> Hello, I'm looking for sponsor for my package.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/osmose-emulator
>
> Thanks!

Hi Carlos,

I'm not a Debian maintainer and therefore can't sponsor your package,
but I just wanted to let you know about a new upstream for Osmose:
https://github.com/lutris/osmose

Since the original developer does not seem active nor responsive
anymore [1], the main dev of Lutris forked the repo to apply some
changes for the version they package in Lutris, and I added a couple
other changes like an option to unbundle minizip. It also builds with
Qt5 out of the box (probably easily too in the upstream 0.9.96 version
btw).

There is no new release yet but it's just a matter of doing some
testing and checking that everything works OK with Qt5 [2]. There is
no real intent to actively continue the development though, but more
to do the needed maintenance work and merge potential pull requests.
If the original dev shows up again and is interested in developing the
application further, we'd probably try to get him to take over from
Lutris' fork.

I also use this fork for Mageia's osmose package:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/osmose/current/SPECS/osmose.spec?view=markup

So if you have any suggestions for things to improve packaging-wise,
feel free to open issues on the GitHub repository.

Regards,
Rémi Verschelde / Akien

[2] https://github.com/lutris/osmose/issues/4