Re: src:debian-games blend

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Alexandre Detiste wrote:

> I feel that having a "Recommends: lgogdownloader, innoextract" in G-D-P
> is maybe a bit too-much. People that don't have a GOG.com don't
> want to pull these packages and their depedencies.

Seems reasonable.

> Maybe a virtual package would be better ?

I think you mean a metapackage?

> What's the best place to host it, in src:debian-games or src:game-data-packager ?

The latter IMO.

> + games assets found in i386 'setup-<...>.exe' archives

I would replace "i386 'setup-<...>.exe' archives" with just "game installers".

> + in 'all' .deb packages for local consumption.

I would replace "'all' .deb" with just "Debian".

> + These engine will be pulled-in by the generated .debs .

s/-/ /

> + 'lgogdownloader' is needed to automate downloading of these
> + archives & 'innoextract' is needed to unpack those;
> + these two tools are automatically called by 'game-data-packager'.

I would drop this paragraph, no need to repeat Depends.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise