Re: New libode version

Hi Leopold,

>I have tested the result. I have built mokomaze working and stormbaancoureur,
>need a patch because upstream have a wrong makefile looking libs in /usr/lib
>After it, it works
>
>xmoto doesn't compile, but it's a problem of increasing the libode version.
>
>Please, if you agree, I tag the repo and could you upload the new version?

yes, but I guess you should upload on experimental, and wait for release team to ack
the transition.

the package has many reverse dependencies, you need to test them, open bug against them with
(possibly) patches, and then upload to unstable.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions

apt-cache rdepends  libode-dev
libode-dev
Reverse Depends:
libompl-dev
libode-sp-dev
science-robotics-dev
games-c++-dev

apt-cache rdepends  libode-sp-dev
libode-sp-dev
Reverse Depends:
libode-dev

apt-cache rdepends  libode1
libode1
Reverse Depends:
xmoto
libtaoframework-ode0.9-cil
stormbaancoureur
python-pyode
python-pyepl
libompl9
libode-dev
mu-cade
k3d
darkplaces-server
darkplaces
libcrystalspace-2.0

apt-cache rdepends  libode1sp
libode1sp
Reverse Depends:
python-soya-dbg
python-soya
libode-sp-dev
mokomaze

other stuff that needs fixing (not blocker right now I guess)
P: ode source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary build/premake4.exe
P: ode source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary contrib/DotNetManaged/Release/ode.dll
P: ode source: source-contains-autogenerated-visual-c++-file contrib/InteractiveCollisions/deps/AntTweakBar/src/resource.h

W: libode-dev: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file

X: libode4: binary-file-built-without-LFS-support usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libode.so.4.1.0
W: libode4: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
X: libode4: shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libode.so.4.1.0

they should be fixed upstream in a future release maybe.

cheers,

G.