Re: ITP: corsix-th -- Open source clone of Theme Hospital

On 3 October 2015 at 21:39, Alexandre Detiste
<alexandre.detiste@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please reply and CC 610087@bugs.debian.org
> and quote this in full if you're ok with this.
>

> Le samedi 3 octobre 2015 21:10:53, vous avez écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Would it be possible for me to help with the packaging of corsix-th (I
>> own the GOG version of the data files)? I've been lurking on the
>> Debian mailing lists for a while scouting for something suitable to
>> start with while trying to follow the maintainer guides. It's been a
>> long time since I've actually created a deb and I haven't setup a
>> debsign key or anything yet.
>> --
>> Phil Morrell
>
> Hi, of course you're welcome to work on this !
> You can adopt the bug if you want.
>
> I own this game retail & the one that is from time to time free on Origin.
> And game-data-packager can download the demo too.
>

> The "Not Invented Here" syndrome doen't give any value;
> so I'd really suggest to re-use work provided by the GetDeb package.
>
> So there's what remain todo:
> *) write a man page, you can even propose it to upstream
>   before starting with the Debian packaging
>
> *) stomp debian/copyright with a new machinereadable one with:
>
> debian/*
>    2015 Phil Morrell <debian@emorrp1.name>
>    2011-2015 Christoph Korn <christoph.korn@getdeb.net>
>
> + all the licenses from LICENSE.txt cut in DEP-5 paragraphs.
>
> [ https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/blob/master/LICENSE.txt ]
>
> *) review the source code, see if that really match with LICENSE.txt
>
> *) find a sponsor
>

> lintian /var/cache/apt-cacher-ng/archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu/pool/games/c/corsix-th/corsix-th_0.50-1~getdeb3_amd64.deb
> P: corsix-th: no-upstream-changelog
> W: corsix-th: binary-without-manpage usr/games/corsix-th
> I: corsix-th: desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry usr/share/applications/corsix-th.desktop

(Hello Games Team)

Thank you for the support and initial pointers, I would indeed like to
attempt to bring the existing packaging up to Debian's standards. I've
downloaded hopefully all I need to get started, including the engine,
game data, getdeb package outputs and the playdeb packaging repo. I'm
just looking at getting initial Alioth access setup for uploading the
orig tarball and sharing the dsc etc.