Re: How to handle unused third party libraries in upstream tarball

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Cesare Falco wrote:

> not to my knowledge, I understand discussion is still happening.
> A distinction between core and drivers code to some extents
> should remain if I got it right.

Do you mean that one part would be DFSG-free but the other part would not?
yes, but I can't remember where I read this. :-(
The only public statement available is about licensing status of so-far contributed code:
https://github.com/mamedev/mame

All embedded code copies should be packaged separately.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

I'm aware of the policy and I agree for what is concerned to bundled libraries,
that's why I'm still bugging the Mame Devs with the switches to build against
common libraries. :-)

But what about the stuff which is _not_ distributed with the binaries once they
are built? For example there's GENie, a set of lua script written to aid
generation of makefiles specific to the environment. Or the lua engine itself
for the matter, which I'm still figuring out whether is used at runtime.

Cheers,
Cesare