Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

* Gianfranco Costamagna <costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> [2015-04-30 12:41:27 CEST]:
> <joke>
> I would like to raise a complain in #debian-man, because there is many anymals
> a woman, but no man at all! this is sexism about men! (just jocking, please don't take
> me seriously)
> </joke>

 You might consider this to be with a tongue-in-cheek tone joke style,
but that actually is what "privileging a male gaze position" is about.
There is a woman with few clothes for the gazing effect of male players.
That's the original point, that's why it was raised.  Don't turn it
around to be about the opression of men because it isn't.

> otherwise we might need to patch/drop half the debian-games archive,
> women are like a totem for men,

 If women are put in just for the purpose to lure in male people to gaze
at them, then yes, that's sexism.

 While I consider the choice of Sara as a mascot for the OpenGameArt
project to be based on such gazing moments (I don't think they can fully
deny that) a bad choice per se, I don't think it is something justifying
anything more than a frown upon them for a bad choice taken.  Don't
think there is much that will convince them to change.

> I mean, it is a game

 "it is just a joke" is not a good reasoning, at all (generally speaking
now, not about this case in particular).  If we hold up some standards
we shouldn't lower them with an excuse of "it is a game" or "it was just
a joke".

 Cheers,
Rhonda