Re: Issues with SuperTuxKart 0.9

On Mon, 4 May 2015 01:26:49 Dominik George wrote:
> > Sorry but I think such addition to package description would not be
> > useful.
>
> speaking as someone educating children, I'd find such information important.

Dominik, you clearly misplacing your concerns because you make no difference
between education and entertainment contexts.

SuperTuxKart is an entertainment game with education value next to nothing.

From education prospective game deserves much more detailed disclaimer due to

 * Unrealistic physics.
 * Unrealistic disproportional depiction of animals.
 * Grotesque misrepresentation of objects' size.
 * Unrealistic environment.
 * Unfair competition and use violence in order get advantage.

And that's probably just the most obvious things (not a deep examination).
Comparing to the above that poor girl could be the only normal looking
character so let's make no drama out of nothing.

And to avoid hypocrisy let's point out what's wrong on the real beaches before
writing disclaimers about things that are OK in reality.

> parental control.

Parental control, right. If SuperTuxKart needs parental control then how can
we protect kids from facing reality if playing games considered so harmful by
some?

> It should not be too prominent, but it should be there for people who care.

Perhaps people who care that much play only chess and puzzle games anyway.

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

Good luck happens when preparedness meets opportunity.