Re: Megaglest 3.9.1

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:30 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> However I don't understand the sentence about "possible LGPL violations"
> and would appreciate some clarification.

If you had done a comparison between the code in Debian and the new
upstream (which should happen for each new upstream release uploaded
to Debian), you would see that upstream stripped copyright and license
information from one of the embedded code copies (streflop), which
seems like a license violation to me. I'm not sure if upstream has
fixed this issue yet. Also Mark (upstream) lost faith in the Debian
packaging processes and has abandoned the package. I simply have too
many other things to do so I'm glad to see someone else taking an
interest in MegaGlest.

--
bye,
pabs