Re: Red Eclipse should be in main

On 04.03.2014 04:47, Paul Wise wrote:
[...]
> If my recent two emails on this subject aren't clear enough, please
> let me know how I can make it clearer.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2014/02/msg00094.html
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2014/02/msg00095.html

I am afraid but you don't give neither an exact definition of the vague
term "upstream development practices" nor do you try to explain with
concrete examples in regard to other games in main why Red Eclipse is
unsuitable for Debian.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2014/02/msg00095.html

https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

I think there is no point on this list that warrants a reject for Red
Eclipse. The FAQ doesn't even mention artwork or images. The data in the
source tarball of Red Eclipse is self-contained and abides by Debian's
rules.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2014/02/msg00094.html

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Games/Upstream/#source

I really believe that your personal upstream guide is a valuable
reference guide for everyone who wants to create artwork. However it is
neither the ftp-masters reject FAQ nor part of Debian's policy. If you
think this personal guide through to the end, then all games are
unsuitable for main and I suppose that's what nobody in this team really
wants.

Regards,

Markus