Re: cube2 and cube2-data ready for tests

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> Just to make sure I understand you correctly. You want me to rename the
> source and binary package of sauerbraten-wake6 to wake6? Actually I
> don't really care for the name, red-cabbage or potato-dumplings might
> fit as well, however I feel that calling the package wake6 implies it
> contains only one single map and its purpose is fixed for all time.
> Wouldn't a more generic name like cube2-data give people the opportunity
> to update the package with other content (maps, artwork, documentation)
> which is not related to wake6?

Well it depends on what you intend to do. If you are just going to
keep it as a copy of the wake6 upstream then yes wake6 is an
appropriate name. If you are going to fork wake6 into a new upstream
then yeah, give it a new name.

> https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki
>
> The wiki presents more examples for popular 3D games running in a web
> browser with emscripten such as Doom, Quake or 2D demos for Torque and
> SuperTux.

Hmm, seems like a fair bit of porting is needed for each thing,
probably a fair bit of work.

A couple of other projects:

http://asmjs.org/
http://leaningtech.com/duetto/ (not yet FOSS)