Re: Should sauerbraten-wake6 be part of main?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> I'm currently thinking that I might be able to find some other free
> maps/images/content for this package and documentation too in the
> future. Perhaps cube2-wake6, cube2-tutorials or cube2-docs would then be
> more appropriate? Otherwise the package name wake6 might be easy to
> miss. (I'm still convinced that upgrading the -wake6 package to some
> sort of tutorial package would be most sensible.)

You should think of wake6 as a game and cube2 as one of its
dependencies. We do not name games after libsdl (libqt-warzone2100
seems equally as silly) and we shouldn't in this case.

> Probably I don't even have to ask the upstream developer of wake6 to
> relicense his other maps. Contrary to popular belief not all content for
> the sauerbraten game is non-free.

wake2 and wake5 are explicitly under a non-free license
(CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0) so yes if you want them in main they have to be
relicensed. I don't understand your second sentence.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise