Re: LÖVE 0.9.0 breaks compatibility with nearly every 0.8.0 game

Steven Hamilton writes:

> Can we assess what the actual impact is? Is there any other games
> packaged beyond the Mr.Rescue I've still to get uploaded? There are a
> few other games I've found on the forums I'd like to package and I was
> going to ask the community for others.

Mr.Rescue, currently the only game I know about that's been packaged
(although not uploaded yet), is broken with 0.9. I think the effort to
port to 0.9 could be considerable and is best left to the developer. Or
if I do it it should be pushed upstream which would also force upstream to
repackage their non-linux distributables. Before I do this I'd rather we
gathered a better idea of love games with potential for inclusion in the
archive to get an idea of how we're going to handle versioning. If
there's lots of 0.8 games then supporting multiple love versions would
be easier. If not, and 0.9 is the goer then we could stick to 0.9 and
help patch the 0.8 games up.

Or I could not bother with love games at all and do something else
instead. :)

--
Steven Hamilton
I don't look like two zombies