status of ASCIIpOrtal packaging

ASCIIpOrtal is a terminal game where you have a gun that shoots doors.

I recently installed ASCIIpOrtal on my N900 running Maemo. Since I like
the game, I would like to have access to it in Debian. It seems Peter
Pentchev tried to package it once, but gave up in September 2010.

Upstream seems to be offline: <http://cymonsgames.com/asciiportal>
Upstream source copy: <https://github.com/cymonsgames/ASCIIpOrtal>

This repository of the Debian games team looks abandoned:
<http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-games/asciiportal.git/>

There seems to exist no package named “asciiportal” or “asciip0rtal”:
<https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=asciiportal>
<https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=asciip0rtal>

In 2009, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> wrote in bug #548031:
> I actually have an almost-ready package for ASCIIpOrtal in the Debian
> Games Team's Git repository; just a couple of copyright issues remain
> to be clarified with the upstream developers.
>
> Sorry for the delay!

Can anyone tell me what the copyright issues were? I am willing to work
on the issues with upstream and create replacement assets if necessary.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>