Re: Debian Games Pure Blend

On 02.08.2014 15:28, Dominik George wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I want to focus on main because I'd like to convey the message that
>> main
>> is Debian and it's good to have your games there if they should be
>> promoted.
>
> Does this mean you will be uploading game packages? Mine are rotting in the team repository with all DDs in the team being completely ignorant.
>
> If that problem does not strike me again, I'd happily join the Blend efforts.

I can't sponsor new packages yet but I'll work on that. Of course I hope
Andreas will upload the debian-games source package. You might be
interested to learn more about sponsoring of blends from [1]

I can completely understand your disappointment but I also suggest to do
the following though:

1. Talk about your packages on debian-devel-games and add them to the
   queue. [2] Show that you are really dedicated and that you do not
   intend to become an "upload-and-forget" maintainer.
2. I have found my first sponsor when I fixed a RC bug.
3. Try debian-mentors and be patient. I found my main sponsor there.
   [3]

I would also contact Marting Quinson who is the current Minetest
uploader. Unfortunately he is not subscribed to debian-devel-games.

Cheers,

Markus

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue